Graphic Artist vs Graphic Designer
Graphic Artist vs Graphic Designer | Which Do You Choose?
The difference between a graphic artist vs graphic designer; what is the difference between the two forms of creatives?
Are you looking for a graphic designer or artist? Take a look below at the breakdown of the difference.
If you are looking for a designer for hire scroll down to view some of the work I've done and reach out for an inquiry.
Maybe because of the similarities with the names, or the fact that they both of the word 'graphic' on them, but oftentimes, people have made the mistake of believing that a graphic designer and are graphic artist have the same job descriptions, but that has turned out to be quite wrong as they are very much different from each other.
From their job descriptions to their learning method, in every way, they are different from each other.
Graphic Artist Vs Graphic Designer Breakdown
- While a graphic artist worries about the content that should be created, a graphic designer puts the already created design into play. Basically, the graphic artist creates while the graphic designer uses the already created artwork to make a design.
- A graphic artist takes time in self and work development, they over the years look for things that they can create that can make them stand out, they need the popularity so that graphic designers can patronize them and use their arts for designs.
- The graphic artist spend time trying to grow themselves and make themselves popular so that they can get patronized. Their mode of business is.
- A graphic artist is usually just creative. They go to bed, wake up with a new creation in mind, and voila! They are creating it.
- No restraint, they can be just wild and free and expressive with his art, playing with colors as he deems fit, bringing to life what is in his mind, the typical artist's life, only instead of a paintbrush and a palette, they have a system. As it is in their heart, driven by passion.
Creative Traits & Characteristics
- Logical Thinker
- Focus on Triggering Action
- Problem-solving Approach
- Leans To The Left-brain
- Objective creative
- The graphic designer brings together images, motion graphics and other times typography to make a design, all of these have already been created beforehand, by the graphic artist.
- A graphic designer, on the other hand, doesn't need that much time to get good and to make money, their growth is based usually on their experiences, the more experienced they are the more job offers they get too.
- A graphic designer can source the net, and gather enough experience in one month and get paid higher than a graphic artist who has spent time developing their skills because they need to be known to be patronized.
- While a graphic designer is much more logical with these things. They need to work according to the guideline that was given, he/she knows what color should go where what line should go where, when what design is needed or not, where an artwork should go, the graphic design is not very expressive with his work, as most times works according to certain guidelines or directives were given by the client.
- So we can see now, that there is a glaring difference between both of them, and this difference matters and should be taken into consideration when in need of a job. Be sure you want either a graphic artist or a designer, as both job descriptions vary.
Creative Traits & Characteristics
- 100% Creative
- Expressionist Free Thinker
- Focused on Inspiring Mood
- Intuitive Creative
- Leans To The Right-brain
- Subjective or Abstract Creative
Are you Looking For A Graphic Designer or Graphic Artist?
Looking for the best graphic artist and graphic design service? Work with me, Kenal Louis a qualified graphic designer who can bring your vision to life.
For several years I've had the pleasure to work with business owners and entertainers to create captivating visual designs for them and their brands.
I am beyond passionate about the art and the designs that I create. Everyday I find a way to create something that is art related. Whether I am drawing, painting, or doing some photo manipulation designs; I find a way to produce creative ideas.
You will only get the most creative designs and captivating work that your audience will find unforgettable. Over the past years I've worked with many musicians and small business owners to help with their brand.
Whether you are looking to have wedding programs, brochures, and invitations designed for printing, album cover art, and or promotional content for your fitness brand. These are just a few of the different type of industries and styles of designs I can create.
If you are an entertainer like a musician looking to have a unique artwork done for your band's merchandise I can also create illustrations that will focus on and align with your brand's identity.
Creative Graphic Design Services Offered
- Logo Identity Design
- Flyer Design
- Business Cards
- Menu Design
- Product Labels
- Product Mock Designs
- Brochure Design
- E-Mail Design
- Poster Design
- T-Shirt Design
- Website Design
- Catalog Design
- Magazine Cover Design
- Advertisement Banner Design
- Photo Manipulation
- 3D Sculpture Rendering
- Digital Painting
- Book Cover Design
- Album Cover Art & Design
- Package Design
- Calendar Design
Need a quote for a project? Are you ready to bring your vision to life?
Schedule a call for a free consultation for your project through contact page or the form below
PROFESSIONAL GRAPHIC DESIGN skills
I'm Good At...
Since I could hold a pen or a pencil I've been drawing. Over the years I've experimented on various methods and ways to draw.
Drawing is an essential skill for professional logo designers and graphic designers.
Branding is more than just a logo design. It's a visual representation of you or your company's mission.
Designing fluent/consistent promotional content for marketing purposes. Branding design over time.
Creativity is something I am beyond good at. Since I was a child I've been creating art.
Today I tell visual stories through my illustrations.
Skilled in digital painting and creating illustration artwork for book covers and more.
I have a lot of experience doing book cover designs, album cover designs, posters, and flyers for physical printing.
Designing for print media based products. For example a label design for a t-shirt tag.
Please Fill Out The Form To Schedule A Call Back
Graphic Artist vs Graphic Designer - The Difference Between Creatives
Tags: graphic artists, graphic designers, graphic illustrator, digital illustrator, digital artist, graphics designer, graphic artist, freelance graphic designer, creative graphic artist, digital painter, illustration art, graphic illustration
Reviews on Thumbtack & Google
I have worked with Kenal on a few projects. His artwork is exceptional. He took my vision and gave me options, and the end results exceeded expectations.
New York City/ NY
It was a pleasure working with Kenal. He captured exactly the vision I had with his art. I'm definitely looking forward to many more projects with him....very creative!
West Palm Beach/ FL
This guy is a gift to the world! I randomly came across his work on the internet and fell in love ever since. His art speaks for itself! Most importantly, he can bring your vision to life. I gave him a detailed description of the artwork I wanted to creative and he even surprised my own vision! Talent is an understatement. Raw talent from scratch, and he sends you the progression of the art throughout the process which is nice. I HIGHLY recommend Kenal
Kenal has completed many works of art for me. From book covers to actually pieces that are displayed in my home. All of his works speak volumes. They have brought my words to life as well as my home! His prices are affordable, he is great with communication and follow up. The works of art are very vibrant and unique. All of my experiences with this artist have been amazing. I highly recommend his services!
Author / Poet
** Please fill out the form above to schedule a call or for an inquiry. I will respond within 24-48 hours .
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 9 AM -6 PM CST
Days: Saturay - Sunday
Hours: 10 AM -4 PM CST